Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade issues

debjay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am wondering if anybody can help me please.

I have been trying to upgrade since Wednesday with no joy so far. Initially, when I was sent the link to click to complete the order from Retentions, it wouldn't log me in and kept going back to the log in screen. Then I had an error message saying that I couldn't access this service or the code had been used too many times. I called up again and nobody at O2 had heard of this error message but said to wait until today and they would call me and try to resend a new link. Nobody called so I called them and have a new link. However, now I get a screen with a duckling and a phone with the following message

We're working on it

This page is unavailable because we're making improvements to our site. We'll have it back up and running as soon as possible.

Customer Services don't seem to know what is going on. Has anyobody else got any ideas? I seem doomed to not get this sorted via O2

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@debjay 

Yes, once the device plan is paid off you can switch tariff to any sim only on O2 or leave without penalty to take a sim only elsewhere Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I thought that I had understood this to be the case. However, it does seem too good to be true. They are calling me back on Wednesday so that I can pay the phone off and switch back to Sim only

Message 12 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@debjay 

With refresh, your only committed to fully paying the device plan.

Once that's done, the choice is yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your help with this. Hopefully, I will be able to pay off my devic when O2 call me back on Wednesday and then go back to a SIM only deal

Message 14 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 15 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @debjay glad you are all sorted yes you can pay of device plan at any time this will then allow you to re-upgrade to a simo or another phone Thanks

signature
Message 16 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you both for your help getting me sorted. I've 2 further queries please. 

I've managed to call up today and paid off my device and switched to a sim only tarrif. My queries are why does my data say 11.99 left of 11.99 gb when it should say 12gb? Incidentally, when I originally upgraded it said 89.99 of 89.99 rather than 90gb. Also, I've had emails saying my order is on its way when I've just changed tarrif. What's on its way? I'm using my old sim in my new phone although O2 did initially send a new sim in case it was needed. 

Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@debjay 

"Your order" is simply another sim which does not have to be used unless needed at any time in the future.

The data values are just how data is rounded off.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 25

debjay
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Will this be a blank sim like the one they previously sent that I can switch to if needed?

Message 19 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes it will be @debjay 

Currently using:
Message 20 of 25