Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade has happened but given new number

Alansav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I upgraded today to Samsung 9 plus. All docs came through. I wanted to simply upgrade the phone I had.

checking just now and it seems o2 are sending me a new phone with a new number as opposed to keeping old number which I use for a charity on call number.

i also wanted to pay off my old phone with a payment of £120 thought it was odd it wasn’t requested at the time.

do you think I can simply call o2 and pay off old phone and take sim out of old phone. 

Or do I cancel this new one refuse to take it at doorstep and start again 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Alansav

You need to call and pay off the device plan for the old phone then you can migrate your phone number to the new contract you’ve started.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Alansav

You need to call and pay off the device plan for the old phone then you can migrate your phone number to the new contract you’ve started.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Alansav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. It comes later today so I will ring at 8

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

How did you get on with customer service @Alansav ?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Alansav, it's been a few days since you posted - would love to hear how it went and if you got everything sorted? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5