cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from o2 to o2 but by third party

Anonymous
Not applicable

essentially, my upgrade is due on November 2015 bbut I vfancy a change now to an s5 from ihpone 5, on "my 02"  says "£248" to buy out but does that mean i can only go thorugh o2 and not a third party?

OR, because i am not due and want to go through a third party i will need to pay a hefty fee? Found amazing tarrif on USWITCH cant get anywhere near as good via o2 store.

Please respond ASAP as I want to order tomorrow.. eekk!

Much appareciated.

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

I am assuming you are on a refresh contract? If so you have the option of paying off your device plan so that the phone becomes your own.

Then you can either upgrade with o2 or go to another provider. If you change network you will need to give 30 days notice on your air time agreement with o2.

If you want refresh again then you can only go through o2.

If however you want an old style contract where the device and air time are not separate then you can go to a 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse and upgrade through them.

Hope that helps. Please let us know what you decide.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Are you on Refresh or standard tariff
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome.

I am assuming you are on a refresh contract? If so you have the option of paying off your device plan so that the phone becomes your own.

Then you can either upgrade with o2 or go to another provider. If you change network you will need to give 30 days notice on your air time agreement with o2.

If you want refresh again then you can only go through o2.

If however you want an old style contract where the device and air time are not separate then you can go to a 3rd party such as Carphone Warehouse and upgrade through them.

Hope that helps. Please let us know what you decide.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for clarifying @piperdog123. So does that mean if the Op is on Refresh and decides to pay off the phone plan in full he can cancel the air time with no fees?
Message 4 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The fee shown in your My O2 is your early buy out fee.
Once paid you can upgrade wherever, however, if it is showing a 25% discount for speed to refresh you will have to pat the additional 25% to go elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous for clarifying @Anonymous. So does that mean if the Op is on Refresh and decides to pay off the phone plan in full he can cancel the air time with no fees?

Yes, it does.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Rich slight_smile 

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
My pleasure slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Every days a school day
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the OP were to pay off a refresh device plan (and assuming they didn't request a pac but just wanted to cancel) they would still have to give 30 days notice wouldn't they @MI5???
Message 10 of 15