Did you mean: 

Upgrade fiasco

Doc64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

i have had some shocking service from O2 this week.

1 week ago i arranged online to upgrade my phone and contract after being well out of contract. i agreed to a new deal with an iphone 7 refurb black, to be delivered the next day.....it later transpired they had none in stock.  so they said the only way was to cancel order, despite me being happy to be sent any colour iphone 7! 

so i agreed cancel it and re order, after cancelling it iwas then told it would take up to 24hrs to process before i could start the whole process again?!  i am now 2 days on and still my cancellation is pending! 

i have been offered £5 to my account for the inconvenience and everytime i call i get told they cant do anything but escalate my concerns but no action! 

i just need my new phone ...i have never had such appauling service. 

has anyone else had the same problem?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Very many have had the same problem unfortunately.
All we can advise is that you make a complaint and hope someone takes ownership of the issue for you.
Complaints on this link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Very many have had the same problem unfortunately.
All we can advise is that you make a complaint and hope someone takes ownership of the issue for you.
Complaints on this link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cancelling is probably harder than taking out a contract or upgrading in the first place! 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best advice these days with every mobile network and Craphone/other retailers is if you are upgrading, or taking out a new contract that involves getting any piece of equipment it's best to do that in a physical shop.

The shop peeps are highly motivated and on commision to sell you stuff, you can often walk out with your shiny new phone/tablet/4g & wifi enabled kettle or whatever, there and  Thethen. Prices are the same as the shop's website, and you can check its sealed ; and in the condition you are paying for. No worries about loss, damage or the next door neighbours nicking it cos the courier has left it with them while you were out!

If it's a downgrade or sim only, or other account management, with no kit involved - best to do that online.The systems are all in place and aren't fretting about missing a sale whilst they organise your downgrade, sim despatch or whatever.

That way you only need talk to customer service when you want a PAC.

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah refurbished phones aren’t on sale in physical shops. It’s all brand new phones
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah refurbished phones aren’t on sale in physical shops. It’s all brand new phones

Thanks for confirming that grin

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for confirming that grin

I tried going for a refurb instore a few years ago as I saw a really good looking deal on an iPhone 6 & I got told that refurbished phones are only online due to limited stock 

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with this @Doc64, have you made any progress with this since you last posted or are you still stuck?

Message 9 of 9