Did you mean: 

Upgrade exchange

SamuelL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Community,

I wonder if anyone has information/guidance on this.

I managed to send my upgraded phone back to O2 in a Jiffy bag they sent me because I want to exchange my phone. It was all well until yesterday I got another Jiffy bag in the post, this one is a different colour and also includes my name as the sender which I now realise the first one didn't. They both are addressed to the same address though. I'm worried that once they receive the phone they won't know who it's from as my name is not on the parcel. Does anyone have experience regards to this? I don't want to try to call them as I don't want to overcrowd the lines.

Thanks for any responses,

Sam

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SamuelL 

The only way you will know for sure is by calling O2. It IS urgent to you so you need to know if it has been scanned back into the system.

All numbers to call are in this guide. Use ANY number, press any option (even fraud)

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 seems to be the best to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest I would call unless you sent it registered post with a signature needed

call O2 then choose any of the options, fraud etc
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
The best number to get through seems to be
0800 587 4005
Download and use Skpe to call any of the free numbers
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SamuelL 

The only way you will know for sure is by calling O2. It IS urgent to you so you need to know if it has been scanned back into the system.

All numbers to call are in this guide. Use ANY number, press any option (even fraud)

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

0800 587 4005 seems to be the best to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

SamuelL
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff amazing thank you so much! I rang them and they said that the phone will be identified regardless of whether my name is included or not by using the codes on it - so it should be fine. They haven't scanned it back into the system yet but I know they have it because I have the parcel tracked. I'll give it until Tuesday next week I guess. 

Thanks again!!!

Message 4 of 7

SamuelL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie - thank you very much - your reply helped me figure it out. They said that they will be able to identify it without my name included so that's fine and I have the parcel tracked so I know they've received it. Like you said now it's just a waiting game! Thanks again slight_smile
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @SamuelL thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie