cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade/end contract early

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully I can explain this without confusing everyone.

I have been experiencing problems with my current handset so have been looking round for other deals/upgrades. I found a deal for the handset I want still on an o2 contract but not direct with o2 which fitted my monthly budget and useage needs.

I then tried to contact o2 about paying extra to upgrade early if they could offer me the same deal or pay off the rest of this contract so I can upgrade elsewhere. Everyone I have spoken to from o2 have said I can fasttrack to an o2 refresh contract if I pay £48, the problem with this is o2 are not willing to offer me a deal what suits my needs. I would like to know if it is possible just to pay off what I owe on my current contract (about 3 monthst left) and get the upgrade deal I have seen elsewhere but still on o2.

I have had 3 online chat sessions and spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone and they will not give me a straight answer about this and each time have tried to get me to fasttrack to and o2 refresh contract.

Can anyone here tell me where I stand, I am really disapointed with the way o2 have advised me on this and has made me think twice about even renewing with them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

O2 won't always match a deal from elsewhere.

You can as you know pay your contract up at anytime you want to.

you been speaking with Live Chat & Uk Customer Services.

Live chat = circumvent them and speak to customer services on 202 again.

They will want to keep you from leaving and will try to accommodate you.

If your happy with your contract as is why not sell your current phone and use the funds raised to help buy the phone your wanting. Or wait until your contract is ready for a natural upgrade.

Or pay up your contract and move the number to a payg account.

Open up the new O2 contract from elsewhere and start with a new number or see if they can transfer the original mobile number from the payg account to your new contract if the numbers important.

You would need to ask if they will do the transfer of number.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in exactly same position as you I saw a deal on a phone I want for the package I need and its £12.00 per month cheaper than o2 !! Also tehy cannot give me a straight answer to my option of paying £24.00 to buy out earlier on the whole refresh nonsense- its good enough but the charges are £37.00 compared tio ?£25.00

Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in exactly same position as you I saw a deal on a phone I want for the package I need and its £12.00 per month cheaper than o2 !! Also tehy cannot give me a straight answer to my option of paying £24.00 to buy out earlier on the whole refresh nonsense- its good enough but the charges are £37.00 compared tio ?£25.00

I don't think you have understood the Refresh contract or how it works.

Your post doesn't make much sense, what exactly is it you're trying to do?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4