Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade early

farmerphil
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I've been told I can upgrade early as they will pay my remaining contract off as part of an offer, I usually get my upgrades from mobiles uk but stay with O2

Can I get my new phone  with a new O2 2 year contract extension from mobilesuk?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @farmerphil read my guide to O2 Refresh it should help explain things 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Message 11 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - I have a related question as I've just noticed that my upgrade fee has gone to zero too despite my contract only ending in September.

What happens if I don't like the phone I order and want to cancel within 14 days? Is the old contract reinstated until September?

Message 12 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi - I have a related question as I've just noticed that my upgrade fee has gone to zero too despite my contract only ending in September.

What happens if I don't like the phone I order and want to cancel within 14 days? Is the old contract reinstated until September?

No, it wont @Anonymous, As by upgrading you have effectively cancelled your old contract. If you dont like the phone you can return it and choose another one within the 14 day cooling off period.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply - what if there isn't any phones I like? e.g. O2 doesn't offer the Mate 10. My contract effectively just ended early?
Message 14 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, it wont @Anonymous, As by upgrading you have effectively cancelled your old contract. If you dont like the phone you can return it and choose another one within the 14 day cooling off period.

...... which will start a new 2 year contract. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 41

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply - what if there isn't any phones I like? e.g. O2 doesn't offer the Mate 10. My contract effectively just ended early?

No, you can’t just end it early. 

The offer is there to upgrade only so if there are no phones you want, just leave everything as it is. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I'm asking. O2 are offering to upgrade me for free to a new 2 year contract, which comes with a 14 day cooling off period. If I don't like the new upgrade and elect to cancel the contract within those 14 days - what happens?

I'm considering the Huawei P20 but I'm not sure about it.

Message 17 of 41

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You would need to pay upto September when your contract naturally ends.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
But they'll have already ended that contract by sending me the upgrade?

That's why I asked whether they would reinstate the old contract until September.
Message 19 of 41

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No they won’t.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 41