cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade early

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I figured I'd get answers faster on here than waiting for the agents online the day after the iPhone 6 is released!

I have an iPhone 5s but as it's only 16gb it's nearly full and that's without the new iOS 8 update!! So I'm looking to upgrade early to the iPhone 6. I have so much to pay off on my phone contract in order to upgrade so here is my question...will O2 require an upfront payment on the same day I order my new phone or is there a slight delay which will enable me to sell my current phone and then pay off my outstanding tariff when my new one arrives?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will hold the payment from your bank account or credit card so you'll need the funds available on despatch I believe.

You can upgrade through your myo2

You could sell your phone to O2 recycle or CEX.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
They will hold the payment from your bank account or credit card so you'll need the funds available on despatch I believe.

You can upgrade through your myo2

You could sell your phone to O2 recycle or CEX.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you 😊 I did look at O2 buying it but it wasn't as much as I would get by selling on an auction site.

Thanks again though
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at Cex.

https://uk.webuy.com
Message 4 of 6

robnorwich
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had to pay off my contract early, and they took the funds the same day. It is the date the contract starts that will be the day the phone is dispatched..

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You could call CS (202) and ask if they would add the early upgrade fee to your monthly bill.
If they will, this would give you a bit of time to shuffle money around to cover the payments.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6