cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade delivery issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to upgrade but the need to have the phone delivered to my work address as not at home during the day. 

I have entered the post code and the name and address comes up but when I click on it, there is an error message and I am unable to continue.

I have asked 02 why this is happening and they say to go and collect the phone, which isn't helpful as its a 30 mile round trip to my nearest 02 shop.

I was then told to contact UKmail but they are  as hopeless as I don't have a consignment number!!

I don't have any other address I can have the phone delivered to where someone will be at home during the day. 

Anybody else having the same problems??? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either call 202 again & speak to another advisor as myself & @jonsie have said or follow @MI5 advice
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any mobile signal at home so have to wait till I am at work then only have 1/2 hour for lunch and can't get it sorted in that time, when I try and explain that to Customer Service I feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall, and by the time I expalin it all for the 50th time my 1/2 hour lunch is gone and I still haven't ordered a new phone to be delivered to an address of my choosing!!!!!

So thanks anyway but I have had enough now and I am going to give up. 

Message 12 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Download the TuGo app for use at home over wifi if you are contract.

If Refresh isn't a deal breaker then consider CPW  who are likely to offer a better deal than O2.

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous

Since yesterday, when you place an order for an upgrade on the website you are given an option for an alternative delivery address, so if there are any pending orders you can just cancel them and place a new one. The alternative is to complete the old one with your account address and once you get the email from UK mail or DPD, call customer services and they will request the change on your behalf with the couriers. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 14 of 17

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
As said already in post 9 but the response in post 10 was that home address is not recognised by the system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I've mentioned, this wasn't available on the 8th when the Op tried, this is something that was launched yesterday, so there is a chance that it may work. Also the Customer services option is guaranteed to work, as it's all edited manually.

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You have always been able to change the delivery address after completing the order - I've done it myself many times to get stuff delivered to work.
Whilst it's a welcome change that you can now possibly do this up front in won't correct the long standing issue that the postcode look up system fails to find many addresses.
Manual input by CS has always been the only way to overcome this but a better change would be to allow the customer to manually over ride these issues or at the very least, auto fill the address from the customer account details, if one already exists.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17