on 19-07-2010 23:32
A few questions. right now i have the online 45 contact with discount making it 28 pounds. When i upgrade will I lose this deal and have to play more and lose such things as unlimited texts?
on 20-07-2010 01:26
My rough guidelines would be:
- don't upgrade until you are within the last 30 days of your contract, i.e. no early upgrade.
- speak to the retentions team not the upgrades team as they have more room to negotiate.
- whatever they offer you will ultimately depend on what you spend overall, not your tariff. You have a value to them as a customer so they have a budget to use to keep you. However don't expect them to make a loss keeping you as that just doesn't make business sense.
- the new smart phone tariffs which you would normally get with a Desire include text and data. If you move to one of these you should be able to get a discount, but probably not as much as you get now.
- you might be better off staying with the tariff you are on for another 18/24 and just getting the handset FOC as the upgrade. You will need to do the maths.
on 20-07-2010 02:56
on 20-07-2010 12:14
thanks for the help, if i was to speak to the relations team what do I say. that i have found a better deal else where or say i wish to leave as I want to keep the deal I am on now but believe o2 wont offer me this?
The truth, is what you tell them. Tell them your ideal scenario and work from there. They have heard all the gunk about how great the other networks are and what they are offering.
You will not get a £400 handset for free, for a £28 contract and you will lose your discount. You will however enjoy 20hrs of talktime, unlimited texts and a substantial data package.
I read here recently that at the end of your contract you may well lose your discount anyway at the end of the contract. If this is true, you may as well pick up a new phone and sign up for a couple of years.
on 21-07-2010 14:45
on 21-07-2010 23:36