Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

I have a contract due to run out on August 2nd. I believe I am entitled to an upgrade in the last month of my contract?

If so, would this be counted as 2nd July?
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

I emailed O2 and they said my contract which is due to expire June 2010 is available for upgrade in May 2010. So yes 30 days before.

I'm curious about what Silver customers are as I've read about them.
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

Everyone can upgrade in their last month - ie up to 30 days before end of contract. Silver customers get the same, plus a few more offers etc on the priority club. Gold get a three month early upgrade and a few more offers, platinum get six month early upgrade plus more offers. All depending on monthly spend.
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

After a little more research it appears -
Gold customers get 1 month early upgrade if spending over £35 continuously,
Silver customers have to spend over £50 continuously to get 3 months early and
Platinum customers have to spend over £80 a month to get 6 months early.

Thanks for answering my question.

My next question is -
If my contract still has 12 months to run on a 24 month can I upgrade this early and buy the new handset i.e Iphone 3GS or is there another way?
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

You can only upgrade early to the Iphone.

And its Blue and silver which is 1 month early, and Gold at 3 months early.
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

Thankyou Wanty.
If I wanted to upgrade now and to the Iphone 3GS what cost am I looking at? Would I have to pay the remaining 12 months line rental, pay just for the handset or are there are other charges?
I will keep the contract, tariff but just interested in changing the handset. I'm happy to sign another contract either 18 or 24 month as well.
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

Thankyou Wanty.
If I wanted to upgrade now and to the Iphone 3GS what cost am I looking at? Would I have to pay the remaining 12 months line rental, pay just for the handset or are there are other charges?
I will keep the contract, tariff but just interested in changing the handset. I'm happy to sign another contract either 18 or 24 month as well.

I assume you were happy to sign the last 18/24 month contract as well but now you're not.
Anonymous

Upgrade date?

I was happy to sign the 24 month contract in June 2008 and my handset is the Sony Ericsson C902. I'm still happy with the tariff and the contract. I was just curious as to is there a way to change my handset before the 23rd month?
Thanks