Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade credit checks

Misspoppins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so my credit rating has dropped and my contact is coming up for renewal. I do need to get a new phone and I want to stay with o2 but I’m worried they could decline me. I have been with o2 for 15 years plus, always paid by bill and never missed a payment with them. I am on a add too. Am I likely to be declined?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Misspoppins

O2 do not credit check for upgrades so as long as your O2 payment history is OK, you will be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Misspoppins

O2 do not credit check for upgrades so as long as your O2 payment history is OK, you will be fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Misspoppins
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Can I just ask how do you know this for sure? I’ve been trying to find information on it.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MisspoppinsWe know that only NEW contracts are credit checked. Upgrades (which mean you have credit/payment history with O2) are not checked. As long as your monthly bill has been paid on time every month.

I upgrade each year to a new sim only tariff. Since my first Contract I have never been credit checked,

Hope that helps. Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Misspoppins wrote:

Thank you. Can I just ask how do you know this for sure? I’ve been trying to find information on it.

Personal experience and 6 years worth of knowledge gained on the forum. 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5