Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade credit check

kieran1204
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have bad credit with late payments and defaults in the past and I have just been accepted for a o2 30 day rolling contract sim.

O2 say I can get a phone after 6 months of good payments. however I am worried o2 will see I have bad credit and will never let me have a handset contract?

Can anyone give me any reassurance on this?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as you make the payments in full and on time there will be no credit check at all when the time comes to upgrade.  The best way to ensure payments are on time is to set up a direct debit. You can actually upgrade after 3 months from a sim only tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @kieran1204

O2 have already done a credit check so know your credit history, hence the offer of a 30 day rolling SIMO contract.

As you've been advised, after 6 months of payments made on time you will be able to apply for a phone either on a 12 month SIMO contract, depending on the phone, or a 24 month Refresh contract on the newer model smartphones.

I hope I've put your mind at rest and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as you make the payments in full and on time there will be no credit check at all when the time comes to upgrade.  The best way to ensure payments are on time is to set up a direct debit. You can actually upgrade after 3 months from a sim only tariff.

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have to have at least 3 or 4 consecutive payments in full & on time to be able 2 upgrade to a full pay monthly contract 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As customers like yourself, no one here can give you any assurances unfortunately. O2 are the only ones who can decide if and when they are happy to offer you a phone contract.
All we can suggest is that you pay by direct debit and make sure they are all fulfilled on time and then approach the subject of an upgrade after the time period you have been given.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5