cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade con?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I popped into my local O2 and had a play around with a few phones as I can upgrade.

Quite liked the Nexus 4 and can see on the website that it is avaialble as a refurb and "in stock" I can go to the check out and buy this as a new contract.

However for upgrades, it is shown, but listed as out of stock? It is either in stock or not and I can't see why you can buy it refurbed on a new contract but not as an upgrade?

??

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask the OP one question - why the desire for a refurb item?  Isn't a new one preferable?  As far as I know there is plenty of stock of new ones.

Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

In answer to the question of why a refurb?

Firstly there is £100 difference between a new and refurb item, however my issue is not that.

It is with the fact that O2 are not really offering this although they claim they do and also claiming that existing customers can get the same deals as new customers-again this isn't the case.

I think O2 should be clearer on what they are saying as it is obviously quite different to what they say/advertise and remove the advertising and statements from the website.

My wife, my daughter as well as I have been happy and loyal O2 customers for some considerable time and generally there hasn't been any issues and O2 should be applauded for that. However this doesn't change the fact that the advertising is misleading and wrong.

Either offer it to all as they say or don't offer it and be honest-that's my point in this.

My advice to anyone thinking they are being short changed-look around at other deals and if you find something better, go back to O2 as they will price match-but YOU have to find the deal etc etc

I have sorted out my personal situation with them (O2) but it still doesn't alter the facts as stated in my original post and subsequent part 2 post-it's just a bit crazy/pointless!!

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to write this and give O2 some credit as they have answered all my questions and also even given me a credit on my next months bill-thanks O2.

First they admit that there is essentially different deals for new contracts and those upgrading-which does beg the question as to why they are shown on the website and I still think that it is misleading and just damn right poor-However they have listened to my views/observations and said they will look at everything I have raised.

To be fair O2 have not skirted round the issue and also contacted me on various levels and been open and honest-so in a world with substandard customer service I think credit where credit is due and well done O2.

p.s. for those wanting to stay with O2 and can find a better deal else where-the magic words are "Price Match"

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to write this and give O2 some credit as they have answered all my questions and also even given me a credit on my next months bill-thanks O2.

First they admit that there is essentially different deals for new contracts and those upgrading-which does beg the question as to why they are shown on the website and I still think that it is misleading and just damn right poor-However they have listened to my views/observations and said they will look at everything I have raised.

To be fair O2 have not skirted round the issue and also contacted me on various levels and been open and honest-so in a world with substandard customer service I think credit where credit is due and well done O2.

p.s. for those wanting to stay with O2 and can find a better deal else where-the magic words are "Price Match"

Wow all that for Price Match. Not really a new incentive from any company. 

Do people ever wonder why phones are refurbed??

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

steersy-what are you implying-don't like the sound of the sarcasm.

As I have previously said, was nothing to do with wanting a refurb phone-it was that O2 were falsely advertising something they had no intention of doing.

Regarding the price match-I'm merely pointing out that O2 will price match other companies/networks in some instances-and they checked out what I was saying and priced matched my upgrade-which incidently meant I have a new phone anyway.

I was happy with the tariff, service, etc, not happy with having to cancel my existing contract, port the number over and then have exactly the same phone & contract as I was upgrading to-seemed pretty pointless in my opinion and especially in the light of the O2 statement of existing customers get the same deals as new customers!

Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

steersy-what are you implying-don't like the sound of the sarcasm.

As I have previously said, was nothing to do with wanting a refurb phone-it was that O2 were falsely advertising something they had no intention of doing.

Regarding the price match-I'm merely pointing out that O2 will price match other companies/networks in some instances-and they checked out what I was saying and priced matched my upgrade-which incidently meant I have a new phone anyway.

I was happy with the tariff, service, etc, not happy with having to cancel my existing contract, port the number over and then have exactly the same phone & contract as I was upgrading to-seemed pretty pointless in my opinion and especially in the light of the O2 statement of existing customers get the same deals as new customers!

So please help me to understand.

What have you got that a new customer would not have got?

You have stated that O2 were in someway conning you and other customers, I still am to see how that is true.

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I click on upgrade and all the good refurb phones are OUT OF STOCK FOR HOME DELIVERY and also OUT OF STOCK IN STORE.

so how do i get one? why are they on the website if no one can get them?

Message 17 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only by calling CS I guess to see if they can find any stock - it's not unusual for o2's website to get stock levels wrong!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Only by calling CS I guess to see if they can find any stock - it's not unusual for o2's website to get stock levels wrong!

Yes the adverts look good...till you try and buy one...No live stock system you see...Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19