cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade anytime with 12 month Simplicity

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told yesterday when I spoke to upgrades on the phone that I could upgrade anytime from a 12 month Simplicity tariff as long as it was with O2. However I just got an email that says I can only upgrade one month early. Anyone know which is correct?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
They really are mythical, everyone has a different view of them because so many versions exist:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I was under the impression that on a 12 month Simplicity contract you could upgrade at any time but you had to physically phone to upgrade so that O2 could override the system date for upgrade.

That's what I understood but there is nothing in writing on the site about it anywhere, so is it just a case that CS make it up as they go along?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Apparently it was a sales pitch on upgrade calls but as you say nothing in writing. It was only the fact that a staff member posted on the forum that I was aware of it.

Doesn't mean they will honour it of course:smileywink:

Message 13 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very unsatisfactory then really, I've ask Leonard if there can be some clarification on this.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 14 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Leonard is still chasing this for some clarification.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys! Only just spotted this post otherwise would have posted sooner.

A customer who upgrades to a 12 month simplicity (sim/only) can upgrade to a phone contract at anytime with O2 direct only i.e not via Carphone Warehouse or any other third party company for an O2 contract.

They can do this anytime during the 12 months, and will not have to pay a buyout fee to do so.

However, there is an exception to this rule which is the new £20 per month sim only for the unlimited on and on tariff, which requires the customer to stay on the tariff for a minimum of 6 months before they can upgrade, again only via O2 directly, without paying a buyout fee.

It is a promotion/offer just for the 12 month sim only's that the O2 re-contract team are able to offer so you are unlikely to find it in any terms and conditions, however, the upgrades teams are aware of it and there should not be any issue in you upgrading with O2 over the phone as I have mentioned before for these customers, if they experience an issue ordering the phone online via myO2 due to the upgrade date showing the normal 3 months early.

Toby/Leonard feel free to PM me if you need any more info/clarification on this.

Message 16 of 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93984 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for that. slight_smile

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, you're welcome guys! slight_smile

If you need to ask me anything about the promotion feel free to PM me and I'll try my best to get you the answer.

Message 19 of 28

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very useful that, but we're seeing posts from people who are being refused the upgrade after taking this tariff for that very reason.

Message 20 of 28