cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade a 12 month contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

I found out that I could upgrade my 12 month contract from today. I went into an O2 shop, and the assistant there said that I couldn't! I was told that 12 month cannot be upgraded. I could of course, change to an 18 month contract and then be able to upgrade!!!!

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think what you were probably told is that if you upgrade the new contract will be 18 months.
Considering other providers are doing 24 and 36 months contracts, that doesn't seem too onerous.
I would have a look around and see what else is out there and go for what is best for you.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner is still on a 12 month contract he's been told 2 years on the trot now that he cannot keep the 12 month contract (instore) however he's upgraded both times - the most recent one last week - online and just selects "keep my current tariff" of course this is no good if you want to go for a smartphone as they make you change to a smartphone specific tariff (I just did my upgrade last week and even though I have the unlimited web bolt on it wouldn't let me keep my tariff.... However he upgraded to a samsung jet and kept his 12 month contract so it can be done slight_smile
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
vodafone and ornage both do 12 month deals in store even on the latest phones like the n900 or satio

for example my n900 cost me £50 a month for 12x months equaling £600

ths includes 900mins , 500mb data , unlimited sms

i find it silly o2 dont do 12 month deals anymore ill only sign for vodafone and orange due to them doing 12 month deals

vodafone evn offer a upgrade 70 days early on a 12 month deal slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it can be done through the website, however in store and over the phone they will not allow you to. I think it's just an error through the website, may as well take advantage.
Message 5 of 5