cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade - Will Tariff change when new phone released?

KJJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, 

I'm considering upgrading to the iPhone XS but wondered if I waited a few weeks until the iPhone 11 is released whether the tariff/cost of the XS may come down or if it is likley to be uneffected and I will be offered the same deal then. If so I will just upgrade today as planned.

Thnx

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KJJ 

Apple generally reduce the price of the previous model when they release the new one but there is no guarantee that O2 would do so immediately as they may already have stock they have bought at full price.

If you want to save money by buying last years phone, you'll need to wait until around December time to see the best savings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KJJ 

Apple generally reduce the price of the previous model when they release the new one but there is no guarantee that O2 would do so immediately as they may already have stock they have bought at full price.

If you want to save money by buying last years phone, you'll need to wait until around December time to see the best savings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

KJJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for info... 

Sods law will dictate - If I upgrade it'll go down/If I wait it won't ... 

I'm impatient so perhaps I will just upgrade! 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's all guesswork but if you go for refresh, there's a good chance of being able to sell the phone to pay off what you owe and upgrading again to the 11 if you wanted too.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4