Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SIM swap debacle

KMac69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Recently upgraded from iPhone X to iPhone 12 , phone arrived and after a couple of days thought I’d start using it , done the usual then realised the new SIM was required for a 5G phone , obliged with the directions and sent the text for swapping , old phone turned off immediately and new one still isn’t working almost 3 days later , contacted customer support by chat , advice try turning phone on and off ???!!! Still no further forward and can’t get hold of 02 at all , any advice on here before I send the phone back and go sim only elsewhere ? Stuck without a phone for 3 days in lockdown ! May as well murder someone as it’s similar to being in jail
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KMac69 

Some iPhones are sent out with a temporary bar on them.

You'll need to call customer service to lift it.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KMac69 It sounds as if you did everything you should have. Only thing I can think of now is have O2 send you another sim, which you'll then have to call for them to activate it. I don't think they will send a sim already activated through the mail for obvious security reasons. Customer service numbers are here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support

Use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KMac69 

Some iPhones are sent out with a temporary bar on them.

You'll need to call customer service to lift it.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

KMac69
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If only it was that simple !
No landline / lockdown looks like I will have to buy a temporary phone just to contact 02 it’s honestly a complete joke , left completely offline , the phones going back and I’m going to an alternative network that actually appreciates peoples custom not just their money , the world is a self centred profit only priority for all companies at the moment and 02 are excelling in this department
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KMac69 

In the link Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support are numbers you can call from using Skype on your PC or Laptop. 

No phone required.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

KMac69
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks MI5 got onto live chat and sorted out in less than 5 minutes , old sim reactivated to allow me a network connection , new sim on way to replace suspect sim , thanks folk now sorted always someone with more knowledge than yourself no matter what it may be 👍
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7