cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SIM only to phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello just started my 12 months SIM only just like to know can I upgrade early to a phone.
Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can after 3 months.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and-...

But, if less than 14 days you can cancel thesimo (just pay for what you've used) and then apply for a full tariff without waiting, as long as you have good credit rating you should be OK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You can after 3 months.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and-...

But, if less than 14 days you can cancel thesimo (just pay for what you've used) and then apply for a full tariff without waiting, as long as you have good credit rating you should be OK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will it tell me on myo2 or do I have to ring them up
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll have to contact them as it won't automatically show up.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will only show up in myo2 after the initial 3 month period 

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Iv had a 12.month sim. Only and it shows in my O2 as I can upgrade straight away
Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@liggerz87 wrote:
Iv had a 12.month sim. Only and it shows in my O2 as I can upgrade straight away

When did you start the contract?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I used to have a 12 month Sim Only a few years ago before Refresh was brought in & it only showed up in myo2 3-6 months after being on it

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only started
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You will have to wait then 

Message 10 of 18