Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Ruined by Fraud Team

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I spent an hour on live chat with the upgrade team who were very helpful and gave a good deal I was happy with. They sent me a link to proceed to place my order.

Did so and managed to do a 'click and collect now' in a store near where I work.

It sent a code to my phone and obviously over live chat I had to pass security and also sign into my o2 to do the upgrade. I get the confirmation of order that it's ready to collect and as I walk in the store another text saying 'your order has been cancelled at your request'.

Turns out the minute I placed the order and it went through, the o2 fraud team cancelled the order and immediately blocked my service. They closed at 6pm so have to wait till they open at 8am to fix it.

I know they have to be careful but I needed photo ID to collect the phone anyway and surely the purpose of the security codes ECT is to avoid this and to verify it's the real customer!

I did use my partners card for the upfront cost but never had this cause an issue before. The store claimed it was because my postcode is a distance from the store and that it flags as fraud. Can people not collect from stores near their workplace?!

FRUSTRATED is an understatement....
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Phone arrived last night so they kept their word. And Bambino how about you pipe down and jump off your pedistool. I used my partners card because the o2 agent confirmed I could do so. Also since when was a collect in store from a store 5 miles from my home not allowed?
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad it arrived for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news @MrFrenzy. Got there eventually wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

jonsie