cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade O2 to O2 Carphone Warehouse PAC ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on a rolling 30 Day contract with O2 online.
The current phone I want to upgrade to is £399 here and only £150 at Carphone Warehouse with O2 the same tarrif mins etc...
1. Will O2 match CPW for cost of phone £150?
2. Why when I try to check out at CPW do I need PAC Code when upgrading on the same network?

Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks

S
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry to bump this old thread but I can't start a new one for some reason and this seems like the best place to put it.

I'm looking to get an iphone 4s from CPW, and I'd saw one that suited me for £18 a month on there.  Having spoken to an advisor, I discovered that, in fact, I can "upgrade" through CPW despite being with o2 now.  Probably common knowledge but was new to me.

However, when I go through their "upgrade" route, they want a £49.99 upfront payment that isn't there when you search as a new customer.  What is that all about?  Why should it be dearer to upgrade? I asked an advisor on live chat but she just said something like "upgrade offers are different".  Makes no sense to me.  She also suggested that I could just take up the offer on a new contract but why would I want to do that?  It shouldn't be more difficult/dearer to upgrade, surely.

Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
For some reason that is usually the way with CPW (not with O2 I should add).
I guess it's because CPW get commission from O2 for new conections but not on upgrades.
AS advised, you can cancel your current contract with O2, take a new contract with CPW and then call CS to transfer your old number across to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12