Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Help

Strayfe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I am currently paying on contract £40 a month for an iPhone 7. It says on the app that I can upgrade early if I pay the rest of the phone off in full, as I haven’t completed the full amount of monthly payments. I am willing to pay that price, and I have payed all of my payments on time, some times earlier.

I just have a few questions:

1. Once I click the last button saying ‘Upgrade’ on the app, will the money be taken out straight away to pay for the phone and the monthly payments, or will I get a call or text to confirm the payment, or will it just be taken out after a few days or something. (The new phone is the iPhone X by the way)

2. Will I need to pass another credit check as my credit isn’t that good? I don’t see why they would need to do this as all my payments have never been late, and all I’m paying for is a higher monthly cost. Will they still do a credit check? I’ve also been paying the bill for about 6-7 months now.

3. Since I have to pay £500 to pay for my iPhone 7 in full, do I have to have the money in my account at all times right after I click ‘Upgrade’? As I have to sell my phone to get the X, so I don’t want to receive a message saying they can’t do it and I then have no phone to use.

4. Will I recieve a phone call about unlocking the phone or a text? as they said they will get back to me in a few days.

Thank you.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I just upgraded doing a similar thing so my story should be similar:

1. I did it over the phone - agreed phone etc then was sent an email to log into my o2 to complete upgrade. You’ll need a debit/credit card to pay any cost of upgrade or balance of phone.

2 no credit check but you’ll be asked to confirm affordability etc.

3 see point 1

4 not sure about that one

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I just upgraded doing a similar thing so my story should be similar:

1. I did it over the phone - agreed phone etc then was sent an email to log into my o2 to complete upgrade. You’ll need a debit/credit card to pay any cost of upgrade or balance of phone.

2 no credit check but you’ll be asked to confirm affordability etc.

3 see point 1

4 not sure about that one
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s all you need to know about O2 Refresh my guide here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/A-Guide-To-O2-Refresh/td-p/877701

Message 3 of 6

Strayfe
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Once you did it over the phone, did you pay straight away?
Message 4 of 6

iphone4sir
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

They sent me an email instantly to pay online - I think I had 14 days to take the offer up.

Message 5 of 6

Strayfe
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh that’s perfect, thanks so much!
Message 6 of 6