cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Fees?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract is due for upgrade and have been inundated with calls from 3rd parties trying to get me to upgrade with them.
I checked with 02 and apparently I have already selecting the no marketing option, but somehow the calls are still coming.
I did initially get this contract from Phones Not 4U, so someone may have sold the numbers to make a bob or two!
Mistakingly I answered one of these, and out of curiousity or boredom asked what could they do?
Apparently I can have all sorts of handsets, and do not need to change to a Refresh contract?
Question is how much commission would they get if I daft enough to give the my details they didn't have?
And how do I get the money they would've got?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
Getting the money they would've got is going to be difficult, but the best you can do is call retentions on 202 and plead your case for a discount wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
Getting the money they would've got is going to be difficult, but the best you can do is call retentions on 202 and plead your case for a discount wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats key here is that you dont upgrade from a cold call.

Go through your my02, the online 02 shop or an 02 highstreet store or a trusted independant such as Carphone Warehouse.

Speak to 02 retentions for a possible deal.

If you have a blocking call facility on your current phone then add these numbers to it.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I mentioned I was curious to what they could offer as I have a rough idea of the prices available online and only get my upgrades in store.
Normally add all unknown numbers to block this number on iPhone 5, and usually get a notification on TU Go App of all missed calls.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

They try and tempt you to upgrading and reducing handset fee's or even offering accessories.

Its a good move to add these numbers to your blocking lists.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27661 Solutions
The "No need to change to refresh" is the clue to them not being O2 - It could be any one of the shady companies we here about on here.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6