cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade? Disappointing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have iphone4 and now due my "early upgrade".  I'm confused.  All the "deals" are identical to those for new customers.  My usage limits and monthly charge are just right I'd like to stick with that or close.  I was wavering between iPhone 5 or Samsung S3 but seems I need to pay a whopping £200+ for either of those - how is this upgrade for me?  I can go to tesco and get an S3 on O2 for free on a similar contract to what I'm on now.  Makes so sense to me.  Is it because of the " early upgrade"? If I wait another month so my original contract expires would I get a better deal? Cos frankly what I'm seeing now can't even be called a "deal" and its not encouraging me to stay with O2

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just upgrade in Tesco exactly the same as if you were to do it directly with O2 but cheaper slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can still upgrade at Tesco and get the free phone. Tesco subsidise the handset but O2 do not, which is why you have to pay. The contract and services will still be with O2 as they are now. O2's "deals" are the same for everyone regardless of new or existing customer although people with a high monthly spend can call retentions (202) and sometimes get a better deal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I'm not a high user so there's the issue right there.  So I could go to tesco to upgrade? Or cancel existing contract and start over is that what you're saying?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just upgrade in Tesco exactly the same as if you were to do it directly with O2 but cheaper slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome didn't know you could do that.  Thanks for your help...now to decide whether to keep my number or not...seems folk have an issue with changing sims 

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can do the number change at the same time as you upgrade. No problem in swapping numbers. You may have to get a new SIM anyway (depending on chosen phone) but follow the process correctly and you'll be fine. Most issues arise from user error and impatience wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha I probably fall into the impatient category.  Love your sig by the way...my other half keeps saying " it's only a phone"  ....

Merry Christmas 

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enjoy your new phone slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8