cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgardeing to the galaxy S5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there i upgardeing to a 12month sim only deal on the 10th March 2014 but now i would like to get the Galaxy S5 on Contract throught the Carphonewarehouse would i still be able to do this?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that the OP took a Sim only tariff out less than a month ago (and assuming the sim only was taken through cpw) them I think it world be worth going in to store to see what they can do. Given that this is an upgrade the store manager might be able to do something.

If however the sim only was bought elsewhere then @Anonymous is indeed correct with the options available.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would be able to do it but you would have the sim only contract and the new one and be paying for both unless you pay off the sim only one and just have the one with the phone but either way you will still pay
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
How about going through O2 direct and look at the refresh deals.

T&c apply.

Plus you must be 3 months into your current tariff.

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/speed-to-refresh
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
The op wouldn't be able to use speed to refresh as they are not on a handset tariff
Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147022 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28283 Solutions
I'd buy the S5 sim free and use my O2 sim in it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So would I but it depends if the op can afford the outlay
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
All good if one has the disposable income to go that way.
Message 7 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I bought a Samsung Nexus S SIM Free as I was already on Pay Monthly, so it was the case of swap the SIM from my older Samsung. Maybe if I'm financially flush, I'll do the same with Nexus 6 when that comes out near the end of the year.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

I bought a Samsung Nexus S SIM Free as I was already on Pay Monthly, so it was the case of swap the SIM from my older Samsung. Maybe if I'm financially flush, I'll do the same with Nexus 6 when that comes out near the end of the year.

I usually work part-time but in the month of November where I work this is our busiest period so I work full-time that month, and earn quite a hefty bonus which all goes towards my next iPhone {depending on if it appeals}. Sell my previous iPhone and im good to go. Bouncy

Happy Days.

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that the OP took a Sim only tariff out less than a month ago (and assuming the sim only was taken through cpw) them I think it world be worth going in to store to see what they can do. Given that this is an upgrade the store manager might be able to do something.

If however the sim only was bought elsewhere then @Anonymous is indeed correct with the options available.
Message 10 of 11