Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront payment twice

AlexHanmore
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently upgraded my phone to Galaxy s9. This required a payment of £112.00 for my old device and £39.99 for the upfront payment on the new one. However two lots of the £151.99 are showing as pending transactions on my account, taken ten minutes apart whilst I was ordering the upgrade (both to o2) I have contacted the online chat team who claim only one payment has been taken and this was for £112.00 (old device payment) and that I would require a GED reference number for the second payment for them to investigate. My bank have not heard of this GED reference number and the payment o2 have evidence is incorrect anyway, it should be £151.99. Dont feel like I'm getting anywhere talking to online chat as I just keep getting assured that I am mistaken.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It’s a common question regarding payments.
One entry is the actual payment in process and the other is a shadow which will disappear once the payment has fully cleared your account.
O2 operates a pre authorisation process which creates this shadow entry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @AlexHanmore You wont get anywhere talking to online chat. They arent the best when dealing with account issues. You need to ring Customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

They are open now so give them a call.

Edited to add a GED number is a reference for the payment taken from the bank With this O2 will be able to locate details of payment if any.

It may well be the funds are reserved and have not yet been taken from your bank. Make sure you contact the bank and instruct them not to release the second payment

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It’s a common question regarding payments.
One entry is the actual payment in process and the other is a shadow which will disappear once the payment has fully cleared your account.
O2 operates a pre authorisation process which creates this shadow entry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

AlexHanmore
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I'll check with the bank today.
Message 4 of 4