Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upfront payment taken even though I never finished the upgrade

Law
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I was recently looking to upgrade, I got as far as choosing the phone, the plan and accessories, I put all my details in and card details but never signed the contract nor agree to any terms as I came to think I dont really need a new phone, upon checking my online banking I seen a payment for £29.99 02 online upgrade slough, now surely that cant be right taking the payment without finalizing the deal?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Law 

Your money is only held in a shadow account until the purchase is completed, it is only then that O2 take the money.

If it is not completed, the money will be returned to your cleared funds in 4 to 5 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Law 

By reading the details of contract means you agreed to it. That's why  money has been taken from your bank

You will have to return it under the 14 day change of mind policy https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Law 

Your money is only held in a shadow account until the purchase is completed, it is only then that O2 take the money.

If it is not completed, the money will be returned to your cleared funds in 4 to 5 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Law
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, cleoriff, I didnt tick the box and agree to it, I cant return anything because I haven't ordered anything, I have looked at my 02 account and there is nothing when i click on upgrade, it tell me I started an upgrade why not finish it now so clearly Its not finalized
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok then as @MI5  said they have simply reserved the money in your bank. You will get it refunded after 4-5 days

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The funds will be available again in your account in 4/5 days. The money has been reserved by your bank and not taken.

Message 6 of 9

Law
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi M15, thanks your for reply, that puts my mind at ease knowing I haven't finished it so it should go back to my bank account, will this be done automatically or have I ti speak to an advisor because this is incredibly hard given the circumstances the world is going through, thanks again
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Law 

O2 don't have it so can't return it.

Your bank will release the funds automatically.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9