cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted porting

Anonymous
Not applicable

After finding out that O2 don't support text message receipts I decided that I would have to return my phone and cancel the contract. 

Before I found this out I had completed the on-line porting form on Saturday evening.  I phoned to get details to return the phone on Sunday and told the operator that I no longer wanted my number ported.  H checked and said that he could not see the request on the system and that the on-line porting form often didn't work, so I was lucky!

On Monday morning I received a text stating that the port would go ahead today (Tuesday).  I used Live Chat and again was told that the porting request was not on the system and just to ignore the text message.

Today another text message saying that porting would take place today.  I phoned and this time the operator said she could put in a request to stop the porting, but when she tried she was unable to because there was less than 24 hours to go.  Now I have to wait 3-5 days to get a PAC code and I can't even use my number in the meantime as I sent the SIM back with the phone!

So why does the system not show up porting requests and why couldn't the other operators try putting in a request to stop the port?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Send *0# in front of an sms to get a sent receipt.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Send *0# in front of an sms to get a sent receipt.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm lazy slight_smile I can't be bothered with that and it wasn't that easy with the phone I had.
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Looks like your laziness is going to cause you a world of hassle trying to get your number back.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, but if the first advisors I spoke to had done what they were able to do, it might have saved me.

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes, you're probably right. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If sms Sent receipts are that important to you then fair enough.

Hope this gets resolved to a reasonable outcome for you.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all I hope so too!

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
slight_smile

I'm sure it will.

Take care.
Message 9 of 9