Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unsure on iPhone Insurance

I have recently reviewed my bank statement for direct debits taken from o2 for my phone insurance. The direct debit letter I received when I purchased the insurance states first payment should on 19/12/09 for £20. All other amounts will be £10 deducted monthly.

According to my statement the actual dates and amounts are

21/12/09 - £20
05/01/10 - £20
19/01/10 - £10

This is 5 months worth in less than a month and obviously not what was stated in the letter I originally received.

I have not yet contacted o2 about this.

Has anyone else had this issue and what are the best ways to resolve it?

Thanks!
Highlighted
Anonymous

That insurance is nothing to do with o2 so there's no point in calling them.

If you had o2 insurance it'd be the same amount every month and would be included with your monthly bill so only one direct debit.

Your insurance must be with a 3rd party. Did you get the phone in carphone warehouse? phones4u?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I purchased it in the o2 shop at the same time as buying the phone so I assumed it was through o2?
It may be worth mentioning this was my second iPhone - I lost my contract handset so purchased a Pay as you go one. The pay as you go handset is the one insured.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hmm that's an odd one. As far as I was aware you had to pay your years insurance up front on pre pay if you take an iphone - that's what it says on the website too.

I've changed my mind...call o2 lol Smiley Happy You need to see exactly what insurance product you have here. If it's the pay monthly insurance (as you're using a contract sim) then you'll have had to register the iphone as being the insured handset when you got it otherwise you're not covered come the time you need to make a claim...this is a worry.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OK thanks, I'll give o2 a call later today and update you with how I get on.