Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking

Craig
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi, I previously submitted an unlock request but did not receive any response. I now need my iPhone 7 unlocked so I visited an o2 store to sort, but all they did was confirm it was still locked and resubmitted the request through myo2. That was Saturday and I still have no message or email confirming it has been done, despite being told I should get a message in 48hrs. Can anyone please help or advise as my son needs this phone for his school app. Thanks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Sarahdb159 wrote:

I am also having the same problem as @Craig. I submitted a request for an unlock over 72 hours ago and have not heard anything back so far.  My mum is currently waiting to use the handset as her old one no longer works.  As a pensioner living on her own I am sure you can appreciate that we want to get the phone in use for her as soon as possible  As @EmilieT is the queen of unlocking do you think you may also be able to help?  I might also add that @Craig is my brother rofl

Hi @EmilieT We have a family situation here...You are required to work your magic again...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Sarahdb159, of course I'd love to get someone to look into this one! I've just sent you a Private Message, please take a look at it and we'll take it from there slight_smile

@Cleoriff On it, will do my best nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I requested an unlock through the app, will be interesting to see what happens, if anything!

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I requested an unlock through the app, will be interesting to see what happens, if anything!

Let us know @Anonymous....you may need Emilie's help as well. This magic unlocking key is working overtime..innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let us know @Anonymous....you may need Emilie's help as well. This magic unlocking key is working overtime..innocent

Dear O2 Customer,

Thank you for your email.

The IMEI you have provided has been returned from the manufacturer as
not being latched to the O2 network.

so they do sell 3310s unlocked!

Message 15 of 17

Sarahdb159
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Firstly I forgot to say a massive thanks to @EmilieT for sorting out my phone unlock a couple of months ago - amazing service!

Secondly - I am wondering if I can get my daughters phone unlocked too now?

Thanks in advance!

@EmilieT wrote:

Hey @Sarahdb159, of course I'd love to get someone to look into this one! I've just sent you a Private Message, please take a look at it and we'll take it from there slight_smile

@Cleoriff On it, will do my best nerd

Message 16 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Sarahdb159 It seems all is back to normal now so just follow the guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17