Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking

Kersy28
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi I put in a request to unlock my phone earlier this week and have not heard anything to confirm that it has unlocked, 72 hours have now passed.  I have spoken to O2 by chat and still not received any updates.

please can you have a look at this and its poor service that i stil haven't had a update

thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kersy28
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @EmilieT I have just received a text saying my phone is unlatched. Thanks for dealing with this so quickly! 😊

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Unlocking
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

Unlocking
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@EmilieT any chance you can help like you did with mine please?
Message 3 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Kersy28, sorry to hear you've been waiting a while to get your phone unlocked now! We've found quite oftend evices are already unlocked when we jump in to help, so have you tried putting a non-O2 Sim in already? If you have an iPhone, something that might also help resolve the issue is once the non-O2 SIM is in the phone, connect to WiFi, go to Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password.

If this doesn't work, just let us know and I'll see what I can do on my end slight_smile

Cheers for the mention @Unlocking!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 12

Kersy28
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT Thanks for the reply, I don't have access to a non-O2 sim at the moment, I will have to try and get one to test it. 😐

Message 5 of 12

Kersy28
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Just tried a non-O2 sim and it’s not unlocked 😔
Message 6 of 12

Kersy28
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi @EmilieT please can you help if possible?
Message 7 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for giving it a go, @Kersy28! I've just sent you a Private Message on the forum now to get a few more details, so I can have someone look into it all for you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 8 of 12

Kersy28
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks @EmilieT for requesting my details I hope you have received the pm, please note I have had to request my phone to be unlocked/unlatched three times, the first time was the beginning of the year when I paid my device plan up. Then again on Monday and now again today. Every time I have contacted them I have been informed they can’t find the original request and I have to log it again. I am finding this very frustrating as I feel o2 are restricted a device that I legally own
Message 9 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks a lot for the PM and all the info, @Kersy28, I've replied already! It sounds like it's been a very frustrating experience, and I'm sorry about that. Leave it with me and we'll get someone on it shortly slight_smile

signature

Message 10 of 12