Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking phone

Daisy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to unlock a second phone and getting nowhere. Customer services told me to go into store. The store then said they can't do it. I have been given various phone numbers to call, all of which have failed. I have seen a link to an online form, but as I don't have a contract or PAYG I can't use the form. I have asked @EmilieT if she can help but if anyone has any more tips for getting a phone unlocked I would really appreciate it. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Many thanks

Daisy

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you don't have the details of previous use on O2 you need to get a PAYG SIM and register the phone o. The network first..
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you don't have the details of previous use on O2 you need to get a PAYG SIM and register the phone o. The network first..
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Daisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks M15 for taking the time to reply and help. Customer services sent me a sim with no credit on it and told me to call them back once the sim had been in for 24 hours. They told me I don't need to put any credit on the sim. I have tried calling O2 without success. Maybe I can tick the PAYG option on the form?

EmilieT is also kindly trying to help.

Message 3 of 5

Daisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am delighted to say that my phone has now been unlocked and I would like to say an enormous thank you to @EmilieT for chasing this for me.

Daisy

Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm glad we got to the bottom of this, @Daisy, happy to help! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5