cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking old phone - help required as PUK code not working.

JuRadio
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello.   I have an old Galaxy A3 2016 that appears locked to O2.   I have put in a new sim for another operator but the phone says network locked.   As such I followed the online instructions for unlocking it and the O2 auto system reply sent an 8 digit PUK code, which has not worked.  I have since filled in the online form with the required details  IMEI etc  but the reply back today from O2  below:-

Thank you for your unlatching request for IMEI xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The mobile number that you provided is 078*****.

I'm sorry, we have not been able to unlatch your device at this time.

The reason given is:

You have not passed our security checks with the detail you have given us.Please check you have provided the correct information and then resend the form.

Thank you,

O2 Customer Service

I replied back to the email but received the message below 

Hello,

Thanks for your email, but we have now shut down our email support service.

Don't worry though, for instant help speak to us on Live Chat, where we'll try to solve your issue straight away.

If you are online just click here https://link.liveperson.net/click?key=AF575778A6A74C05

to start chatting.

Or, if you are reading this on your Smartphone, start a chat by clicking on the link below:

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

We've put lots of answers to your frequently asked questions online. Why not visit our online help centre at: www.o2.co.uk/help

You can also find help, share tips and chat on our Community: http://community.o2.co.uk/

Did you know you can manage your account online at My O2? Just click: http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2.

With My O2, you can view your bill, check your recent charges and allowances, add data bolt ons, see when your upgrade is due.

If your phone's been lost or stolen give us a ring on 0344 809 0202, so that we can stop any unauthorised use of it.

Thanks

O2 Customer Service

Needless to say, I'm going round in circles and can't get any further.  The PUK code may have been tried more than 3 times, hence it may require a master unlock.  Be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Julian 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JuRadio 

It's not a PUK you need so if you've entered that it will be wrong and will have hard locked the phone.

@Martin-O2 or @Marjo may be able to help further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

JuRadio
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmm -- that's sort of what I suspected  -  so how do I get it hard unlocked ?

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hang on for one of the team to message you @JuRadio 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

JuRadio
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@JuRadio

You need to request from o2 a MCK / Master Unlock code, this is because you have frozen the network unlock. this is only obtainable direct from Samsung so may take a while to come through and it will only be provided to o2.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

As already said, @Martin-O2 or @Marjo  will obtain this for you @JuRadio 

No point asking customer services as they have no idea what you're talking about.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @MI5!

@JuRadio We should be able to get this sorted for you. I'll send you a message to grab some details and we can go from there. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 14

JuRadio
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi martin. Thanks for the reply. Hope you to hear from you soon to resolve the issue. julian
Message 10 of 14