Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking my phone

Samina85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried to unlock my phone via the app nothing I spoke to a guru who said nothing had been submitted and that they would send the request still nothing I feel like I’m being ignored haven’t had no txt or email and I desperately need this unlocking
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Samina85 I've had a very speedy response from the team and they have confirmed that your handset is already unlocked.

You will need to follow the below process from @MI5's Unlocking guide to use different sims. 

"For iPhones you will not receive a code. Just replace the O2 sim with one from a different network once you receive notification that it is unlocked.

If the unlock fails first time, try connecting to iTunes to complete the process, but this is not required for every phone."

Please give this a go and let me know if it works. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Samina85

There are problems with unlocking at the moment. This is the guide to unlock https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

but as you are having issues, I will tag in our community admin @Marjo or @Martin-O2 to see if they can do this for you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Samina85
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m fed up with it 02 staff don’t give u a straight answer I keep telling them I have had no confirmation and ur passed pillar to post
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Samina85It must be frustrating. Since O2 starting selling all phones unlocked from August this year, the unlocking process has deteriorated a lot 

However,our community managers have been working hard to get them unlocked. so wait for a message from them today and I'm sure it will all be sorted soon..wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Samina85
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your help but I’m not holding my breath been a waste of a week and no solid communication from 02 i have a flight this evening hence y I needed it unlocked I feel if I pay my monthly bill then I should have this done
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Samina85 wrote:
Thank you for your help but I’m not holding my breath been a waste of a week and no solid communication from 02 i have a flight this evening hence y I needed it unlocked I feel if I pay my monthly bill then I should have this done

Don't give up hope. They have, when possible got phones unlocked within a day... Fingers crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff

@Samina85 We can try to get this unlocked for you before your flight this evening. I'll need a few details so will drop you a private message so we can talk further. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Samina85 I've had a very speedy response from the team and they have confirmed that your handset is already unlocked.

You will need to follow the below process from @MI5's Unlocking guide to use different sims. 

"For iPhones you will not receive a code. Just replace the O2 sim with one from a different network once you receive notification that it is unlocked.

If the unlock fails first time, try connecting to iTunes to complete the process, but this is not required for every phone."

Please give this a go and let me know if it works. wink

signature

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well done @Martin-O2 and the 'gang of gurus'

They have worked faster than ever with this one. Good luck @Samina85 and have a great holiday wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Yes they've been brilliant with the unlock requests. Hopefully we will get confirmation from @Samina85 this has worked. smiling

signature

Message 10 of 10