Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Unlocking my old iPhone 6plus

I have requested that my old iPhone 6plus be unlocked by o2. I did this via live chat on Thursday (27th Sept) at around 10pm but I’ve heard nothing at all via email or text and I’m struggling to find any way to check progress. The account corresponding to the phone is now closed as I’ve switched provider but I need the phone unlocked so my daughter can use it. I’ve looked at other posts and assumed it would be unlocked within 72hours but that hasn’t happened despite my plugging into iTunes. I’d appreciate any help or suggestions please
Topics: 531
Solutions: 11,158

Re: Unlocking my old iPhone 6plus

Have a look at the help here esp the footnotes https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... but otherwise I’ll tag @Marjo or @EmilieT to help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Thanks for that. I’ve taken a look and I can’t even get into settings on the iPhone as it is just coming up with ‘sim not supported’ and won’t let me carry on from that point. I would really appreciate it if you could tag someone to help- thanks again

Tagging done.
Just hang on for a message from one of them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

Having looked at some of the other posts relating to this I have made sure that my phone is logged into my Apple ID and tried re inserting the SIM card together with connecting to iTunes but still getting the message that the SIM card is not supported- would appreciate some help please 🙁
Topics: 677

@Mikeb1 wrote:
Having looked at some of the other posts relating to this I have made sure that my phone is logged into my Apple ID and tried re inserting the SIM card together with connecting to iTunes but still getting the message that the SIM card is not supported- would appreciate some help please 🙁

@Marjo@Martin-O2?

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

Thanks for the tag @MI5@Cleoriff

@Mikeb1 I'm sure that we can get this one sorted for you. I'll send you a message so I can get a few details. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Thanks so much, Ive  replied with my details. Thank you to @MI5 @Cleoriff 

Community Manager

Hey @Mikeb1 Your handset has now been unlocked on O2's end. Please pop another sim in there and let me know if it's working. 

If not try the below process to complete the unlock. 

Put a non O2 SIM in the phone , connect to WiFi, go to  Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password and you should be good to go. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@Martin-O2 that additional process is now in the unlocking guide.

@Mikeb1 has confirmed they have followed the process already.

I think it's time we had an explanation from O2 as to why this is suddenly taking so long.......?

Currently using: