cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking issues - 72 hours, still waiting after a month. Lies, lies, lies

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been waiting nearly a month for any unlock code that should have been processed within 72 hours. You have been contacted numerous times by telephone and live chat and nothing has happened. I feel simply lied to. I contacted you earlier and was told the lie that the unlock code request had been rejected because the handset had not be used. I informed your representative Uma (chat reference ********) that see was mistaken, but she insisted I was wrong. I have checked the online account and can confirm that a call was made on the 16 Apr 16 at 22:59:13 to ********. I can email you a copy of the O2 phone bill if you can provide me with an email address and will have the decency to actually respond given I have already been provided with two email addresses by your colleagues, neither of which has had the decency to reply. I would advise you that I have emailed Ronan Dunne concerning this matter & will shortly be contacted the Ombudsman, OFCOM and making a claim for damages through the small claims court. I am disgusted by your service.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous 1 this is a customer to customer forum you are not talking to o2 here (advise you remove you remove the number called number).

2 are you still using the o2 sim in that phone?

3 where did you get the phone from

4 to complain follow the advice here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Does your MyO2 show the device that you are trying to unlock?
If not, you must use the phone on O2 until it registers.
Have you also tried a non O2 sim in the phone to see if it is unlocked already?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ofcom will not be interested in one single matter like this. Please follow the advice given by @adamtemp64 @MI5
Message 4 of 5

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community and sorry too hear about you troubles. Please look at @adamtemp64's and @MI5's advice to see if it helps. If not, feel free to send me a private message and I can see what can be done to help.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 5