cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPhone 6s and keeping mobile number to go to new provider - what order do I do things in?

AnnMacD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to move to a SIM from another provider, keep my mobile number and unlock my iphone 6s...

What order do I do things in?

Thanks   

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions
@AnnMacD Unlock first. O2 having problems with that at the moment as well, so I will tag our admin @EmilieT to give her a heads up.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

AnnMacD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks Bambino. And Emilie slight_smile

I found the different guidance notes for unlocking and for getting a PAC code but it wasn't clear (to me who hasn't done this before) which came first. Now I know!

Cheers

Message 4 of 9

AnnMacD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks 

Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the forum, @AnnMacD smiley 

There's some really useful info in the replies above, so I hope you know what to do now - if you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate and ask!

Cheers @Bambino for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

Darren1c
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I've got exactly the same phone and went through the procedure to get my phone unlocked.....was told 72 hours - didn't come through am now being told to wait a week.

Have read through a couple of posts on here and now concerned that I've joined a queue of people that have also been told the same?

Is there a problem with this?  does anyone know how long we have to be without a phone for before it is unlocked?

Thanks

Darren

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Darren1c

I will call on @EmilieT one of our community managers, to see if she can move this on quickly for you.

O2 seem to have a backlog of requests since they started selling all phones unlocked slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Darren1c, I've just replied to your Private Message now to get a few more details - once I have those I'll get someone to look into this for you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9