Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unlocking blackberry bold 9900 overseas seems impossible with o2 customer service

Hi guys, I am away from the UK as I am a student in the UK. Ive gotten a blackberry bold 9900 from o2 as an upgrade and over the summer I have gone back to my home country. I have emailed o2 countless times to get my handset unlocked. They asked for an IMEI number which I gave and then told me that the phone will be unlocked in 7 days which requires another code (which I waited 9 days before emailing them) only to be told it will require 3 more days. What is the point of getting a phone if it cant be used? I don't think unlocking a phone is that difficult. I am annoyed as well as disappointed at o2's customer service. Any help would be much appreciated as the customer service takes ages to reply my email and I have had no phone for more than 2 weeks! Kind regards, Muzzaffar Mydin
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Re: Unlocking blackberry bold 9900 overseas seems impossible with o2 customer service

Did you fill out the handset unlocking request form?
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Unlocking blackberry bold 9900 overseas seems impossible with o2 customer service

hi, yeah I did! it was the first thing i did when o2 replied my email asking about unlocking the phone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

it usually takes up to 14 days before its unlocked. how long have you been waiting

Highlighted

O2 will send an email back to the address you put on the form. Usually within 2-3 working days. I'd try sending the form again and double check you put the correct email address in. Follow the instructions very carefully when you get your code as otherwise you could lock up the phone permanently. You have to turn all radio off on the BB before entering the code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi, I have just submitted the form again just to be sure and I double checked all my information. My first application for unlock was on the 7th of July so that makes it around 11 days already. Thanks for the replies guys. Really is appreciated.
Highlighted

Good luck, I've done a few requests recently and usually get an answer in 2 or 3 days. You should also get a confirmation email back immediately.

Currently using: