Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unlocking 02 Phone

I asked on 1 Jan for an unlocking code for my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play as I am going to Finland with my work this month. The school we are going to visit will give us local SIM cards to use. I even contacted one of the 02 Gurus last night and he said that he would put me in for priority unlocking that would take 24 hours.
I think 10 days is a bit much to wait. Has anyone else had this experience.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Unlocking 02 Phone

I misread. My company advises anywhere upto 28 days to retrieve the code. Usually it takes a week or two though. They shouldn't promise you a 24h turnaround if they can't provide it, aren't O2 relying on the manufacturer to provide the code as requested in a timely fashion?
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

You don't actually get given a 'code' for unlocking an iPhone. They flag your IMEI as unlocked on the Apple database and O2 should then tell you when it's been done, either by sms or email, whichever you specified when you made the request.
Then, all you need to do is sync it with iTunes (with another network sim in, usually) and iTunes recognises the IMEI and tells the phone it's ok to unlock.
If you haven't got a notification yet, try the sync anyway.

Did you read which phone the op has?
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

I asked on 1 Jan for an unlocking code for my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play as I am going to Finland with my work this month. The school we are going to visit will give us local SIM cards to use. I even contacted one of the 02 Gurus last night and he said that he would put me in for priority unlocking that would take 24 hours.
I think 10 days is a bit much to wait. Has anyone else had this experience.

How did you originally request the unlock? http://bit.ly/xpjGyr states within 7 days
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

It generally takes approx. 28 days to get an unlock code for anything other than a iPhone. That's about how long it took for me to unlock a Samsung, Nokia and HTC.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I requested the unlocking code via their unlocking application form on the 02 Website. If they say it will take 7 days (or indeed 24 hours via priority application) then it should happen. If it takes 28 days then why dont they just say so. This service is free and if customers are told 28 days they that would be accepted. Instead I have been checking for emails every hour on my phone and computer since day 7.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I wouldnt even bother getting it from o2, just google search 'unlatching codes' there are loads of companies you can get one from, prob a lot quicker too.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Unfortunately I have tried various sites to get this phone unlocked. All say that the phone is too new and they cannot get the codes required. That is why I have had to go to 02. I am still waiting for a reply. Now that I remember I asked for a code over a year ago for another phone and I am still waiting.