Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked or not

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

This is kind of a survey. When you bought your contract handset through o2 refresh, did they send you a network locked model? 

My current one wasn't however my previous one was. I was just wondering under what premise do o2 lock the handset...for example, payg and pay monthly (30 days rolling)?

I realise when you are buying a handset with network provisions this might happen alas what about full term contract handsets.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
All o2 payg handsets are locked and the majority of contract ones. The only exceptions are some of the first new releases (high end phones) where demand is high and stocks are rushed through direct from manufacturer to meet demand.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get your current one through O2 refresh as I thought all O2 handsets through O2 themselves were locked
Message 3 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Well it was direct from o2. So unusual that o2 repair accused ne of rooting and replacing the firmware.

A simple check could have saved me the time and money wasted on calls. Evidently i was sent a factory model.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
They always think of something to get you pay for the repair or make up something nonexistent or not actually do anything in the first place, that's why we always suggest going straight to the manufacturers
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122897 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I well remember the unhappy saga of Anova v Anticpated...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Those were dark days, were they so. A gloom of desolation and entropy fell upon the valley. The birds stopped singing and thr wildlife in general was none existent.

Ok it wasn't that bad. 😛
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122897 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
Those were dark days, were they so. A gloom of desolation and entropy fell upon the valley. The birds stopped singing and thr wildlife in general was none existent.

Ok it wasn't that bad. 😛

No maybe not...but close...very very close wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

Ok it wasn't that bad. 😛

But you came out all the better and wiser from the depths of the abyss....just make sure you keep attending the therapy group meetings LOL

Message 9 of 10

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Every leap month.

Message 10 of 10