cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone on a bought-out contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently bought out my contract with O2 as I've just moved to Australia from the UK, and was hoping to use a new SIM card with my current handset (iPhone). I've since been informed that my phone is locked, and although I see O2 unlock phones for free they do state that the remainder of the minimum term of the contract must be honoured. Is there no way then that they will agree to unlock my phone for me if I've bought out the contract? I also left my SIM card from my contract with O2 at home, thinking it was no longer needed, but I'm presuming that even if I can get my phone unlocked, I'll need it... I can get it sent to me but it'll take a few days. Can anyone help answer my question?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Is the sim card still active?

I would try filling in the form at the Unlock Phone link using your old mobile number and then take it from there. You have honoured the minimum term but it depends how long ago the sim was active in the iphone.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Is the sim card still active?

I would try filling in the form at the Unlock Phone link using your old mobile number and then take it from there. You have honoured the minimum term but it depends how long ago the sim was active in the iphone.

Message 2 of 2