cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlnown data usage - no help from o2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Don't want a chat. On the 20th Nov i called (over 1 hr) to day that my data had gone to over 1.6g out of 2g. I informed the o2 agent that my adverage is around 600mg a month over the last 6 months. This is out pf the norm. I was advised o2 cant see data usage. I wS told to down load OVANO but that was it. Thos i have found is mo good for looking at what we discissed. I was given 500mg FREE to see me through as it was unusual usage. My Bill has just come through and yes you guessed it the charge for the data is there. Can you get this removed and let me know
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous This is not Customer Service. No one here has access to any account info. Please follow this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So they gave you 500Mb go see you through then charged you. Did you keep a copy of the chat transcript? 

Call them to get the charge recredited on your next bill. I wouldn't advise live chat for this. 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call on 202 from your o2 phone
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, reason I posted here was I was tired of waiting for live chat, busy for over two hrs.

When I did get through it was so tedious and went no where....

I'm going to try again now

Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
What type of phone do you use and have you changed your usage - downloaded any apps, subscribed to any new services (news, email, streaming) before the change in usage?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone 5c.

Pretty boring really, nothing exciting, i have just checked my last 5 months and the usage was average 117.78MB per month.

usually have wifi available. to all of a sudden jump like that, as well i have the mobile data turned off

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That’s why I asked, but you didn’t answer me.
It’s an issue with iPhones that o2 are investigating but in the meantime they should give you some free data to get you through.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

iPhone data hogging again

Message 10 of 10