Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlinking and Apple Watch

Kcdaylighter79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all was hoping for a little advice .. has anyone had any joy with unlinking accounts once linked ?
I’m having problems after linking an old account in my maiden name with our other 3 accounts with o2, just for ease with having them all in one place on the app... big mistake lol...
It hasn’t posed a problem until we have tried to take out a contract for an Apple Watch and there seems to be a glitch in the system that has us logged in on my husbands account, the new contract etc all in his name yet on the final page for check out its throwing in my old name and won’t let us change it.. obviously this won’t go through as it’s apparently putting two names to the credit agreement.. this can’t be remedied even though I’ve spoken with the resolution team, the back office etc and god knows how many other people.. they do not know why it is happening and are adamant the accounts cannot be unlinked ... and I think this is the only way that this can be resolved ? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Others will confirm, but I believe the only way to unlink accounts is to close them...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Others will confirm, but I believe the only way to unlink accounts is to close them...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Kcdaylighter79 

According to this post, it's impossible to unlink accounts once linked. Apparently you are warned about this prior to linking them.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Unlink-accounts/m-p/1210760/highlight/true#M167048

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
What I thought then - you have to close the account by moving the number to a new account/contract.
Thanks for the confirmation @Cleoriff!

Message 4 of 4