Did you mean: 

Unlimited music streaming

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello again

I am on a 30gb airtime refresh plan and i just noticed i get free music streaming. It didn't mention this in the tariff details when i ordered online and looking at other tariffs it doesnt state you get this. I would of gone with a lower GB tariff as i only went for 30 as i knew i was going to subscribe to apple music.

Does anyone know if you get free music streaming with all iphone contracts?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

From what I can see there it mentions you get unlimited data to stream the music, not that you get free music.  I'll see if I can find the terms and conditions in the morning but you should have a copy of them emailed to you when you took out the contract. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do you still have the iphoneX as you were considering sending it back under the 14 day change of mind and getting the S9 plus?

Are you sure it was a 30GB deal because now there are only 25 and 50GB deals with no mention of free music streaming? Presumably this was a special offer?

Message 2 of 9

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsiewrote:

Do you still have the iphoneX as you were considering sending it back under the 14 day change of mind and getting the S9 plus?

Are you sure it was a 30GB deal because now there are only 25 and 50GB deals with no mention of free music streaming? Presumably this was a special offer?

Still have the X. Was too much fuss waiting for jiffy bag and then sending it back then waiting again. Yeah 30gb, I noticed myself it's now gone. It wasnt an offer at the time either, Just magically disappeared

Message 3 of 9

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 9

calviin
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

It never  mentioned free music streaming at the time either i only found out because it said i had 5 bolt ons. I can change my tariff on 18th April. I just wanted to find out if the music streaming is included in lower tariffs as i can make my bill cheaper then. Will try live chat tomorrow i think slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

From what I can see there it mentions you get unlimited data to stream the music, not that you get free music.  I'll see if I can find the terms and conditions in the morning but you should have a copy of them emailed to you when you took out the contract. 

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would be better talking to customer service on 202 around 8.30am but if you want to use live chat hopefully you will get through to someone who can find that offer. 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As jonsie mentions it’s just the data that’s free, you still need to subscribe to one of the sevices and generally speaking, if you change your tariff, you would lose some of the freebies of the higher tariffs.
If you were to select a different tariff in your MyO2 it would warn you what was going to change before you hit the confirm button.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@calviinif you say all your 30gb of data is gone, it's probably because of the 'free music streaming' which might not be free if you go over your allowances?

I'm sure you can check that out in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Info about Flexible tariffs here https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9