cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited is actually 4gb

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently  on an old simplicity deal that allegedly was unlimited data unlimited texts &  900 mins. 

I was contacted  today via text to say there had decided to freeze my data until my next bill. 

So I contacted them and they explained unlimited  was actually limited to 4gb. They offered to change my contract to 8gb at no cost. 

So has anyone else found unlimited not to be unlimited ? 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Not many are left on O2 legacy tariffs but im sure I did hear a while ago of something similar to what you say.

Edit to add similar thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unlimited-Data-being-Restricted-for-last-4-month...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Not many are left on O2 legacy tariffs but im sure I did hear a while ago of something similar to what you say.

Edit to add similar thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Unlimited-Data-being-Restricted-for-last-4-month...
Message 2 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, that has been mentioned before.....
O2 trying to get customers off the old tariffs and onto the newer ones but I'm not sure how legal it all is.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93175 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm on a legacy simplicity tariff with unlimited data but there has always been a fair usage policy. Until recently there was no stated limit but others have posted 4gb triggers the limit.

So what does unlimited mean?? We know now!

Message 4 of 15

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Ergo it is not unlimited. It's a 4Gb tariff.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 5 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Unlimited =4ab
Standard =20gb

Makes sense lol
Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 93175 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

...and there's me thinking I had a good deal! Mind you I struggle to make 2gb a month Happy Dance

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I could understand if I was paying a small amount, but I am paying the equivalent of a 5gb plan?

I take it O2 don't reply on these forums
Message 8 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. O2 don't reply here, although several O2 staff contribute on a personal level.

I dumped my legacy tariff last April and switched to Tesco Mobile, which uses the O2 network. I wasn't ever really using what I was paying for, so I reduced my usage limits slightly, and started paying Tesco half of what I was paying O2, but was also getting 4G data. Yesterday I happened to see that Tesco were doing a Christmas offer and the tariff I'm on was being offered double the minutes. I went into Tesco today to query this, and the Tesco employee immediately upgraded me to the double minutes, and also doubled my data, for exactly the same price I've been paying. Pretty good result, I'd say. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144152 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Nice one Bambino, Tesco offering some good deals at the moment slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15