Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data plan

Jasond
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there a speed limit, after use of a certain amount of GB, on an unlimted monthly plan?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jasond 

There is a suggestion that 150gb is considered to be fair use and it may be slowed after that but It's policy isn't specific and it will vary with what you are using the data for.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jasond 

No there shouldn't be. Have a look at O2's fair usage policy

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy 

Scroll down to the part about data.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jasond 

There is a suggestion that 150gb is considered to be fair use and it may be slowed after that but It's policy isn't specific and it will vary with what you are using the data for.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Jasond
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks both, I ask as Sky decided to accidentally cancel my broadband connection the day before we went into lockdown! They cannot come out to fix it until June. I just changed my plan to unlimited so can hotspot to my devices, allowing use of my sky cinema package as well as game consoles services etc.

I am not sure how much streaming films may take up but without much else to do in this pandemic, I assume I will be watching them a lot!
Message 4 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Why are they unable to do anything until June?
I know that there are no new connections for now, but just to reconnect you should be a switch being flicked at their end?
I would be making sure that Sky know you are having to use other methods to use their service and you expect some form of compensation.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I guess things will naturally slow down as the whole of the UK will be streaming at home.

Message 6 of 8

Jasond
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
believe me, I tried multiple times to get them to do it remotely but nothing seemed to be getting the message across.

I have upped my data to unlimited and things seem fine. I will certainly be sending the extra costs to Sky when things settle down again.

Thanks for response
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No problem @Jasond 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8