Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Unlimited Texts on iphone

I am out of contract on 6th Feb and a couple of weeks ago went on simplicity. I have spoken to upgrades on a few occasions and and every time i have been told the £35 per month tariff gives you 600 mins and 500 texts and if you pay £7.50 you can have unlimited texts so total cost would be £42.50 per month.

I spoke to upgrades yesterday and was advised you cannot pay £7.50 for unlimited bolt on you can only get 500 for the £7.50, has this changed?

The package was good for me as i use about 160 mins per month but use about 1300 texts, now its totally no good as i will pay for a bolt on but then end up paying for 300 odd texts.

The lady said we cannot offer unlimited bolt on texts on the iphone but i have been offered it previously and Vodafone offer unilimited texts.

Does this mean i need to change networks, seems silly.
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Long thread in the iphone forums about this viewtopic.php?t=27461&highlight=unlimited+text

It changed a few months ago to the 500 txts.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

So do i need to leave and go to vodafone then steve?

No way am i paying £7.50 for extra 500 then having to pay for about 300 a month when i can get them unlimited on vodafone and its cheaper at £35 per month.

They will loose alot of customers i think.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sorry adam not steve
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

looks like it unless things change.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

The advisor who told you about the unlimited texts in the first place may have been in retentions.

The standard upgrades department can only offer o2's standard published tariffs, bolt ons etc.

However, retentions are the people who, if you're lucky, can sometimes sweeten the deal. As far as I'm aware this includes the ability to 'save' customers by offering the unlimited text bolt on.

I'd give o2 a call again but ensure you're speaking to the retentions team and say you're basically going to leave unless you can have the unlimted text bolt on...and see what they say Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think retentions can offer this bolt on but upgrades can't.
Ring up and request to speak to retentions and upgrade through them.
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is going to loose a lot of customers especially when you can get unlimited on Vodafone and thats what i want.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Like I said, speak with retentions they may be able to offer it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just spoke to retentions.

This can only be offered by them, i have been offered the below;

18 mth contract
unlimited data & wifi
Unlimited Texts
16gs White re-boxed iPhone
Total = £42.50 with a £6.00 monthly discount = £36.50

Any one offered anything better feel free to advise.