Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatch Request Not Fulfilled after 11 DAYS

DRDR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted O2 on Monday 24th September and asked that my Iphone6 that has been out of contract for months be unlatched. I was advised it would take 72 hours. This did not happen. I spoke to them again on Friday 28th September and was advised there was a "technical difficulty" and that it would happen in 48 hours. I had to contact them again on Monday 1st October and was told that the matter was being escalated to the manager and it would take a further 72 hours. At this point I made a formal complaint and was told someone would contact me (this has still not happened).

72 hours passed, 10 days from my original request and still no joy. I contacted again and I have been told it has been "escalated" again and will take 24 hours. And... 24 hours later I am on another Live Chat, getting nowhere fast. And still no one from complaints has contacted me.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Marjo or @EmilieT will contact you to help but it won't be until Monday now, I guess.
In the meantime, check the hep here esp the additional checks at the bottom of the first post https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Marjo or @EmilieT will contact you to help but it won't be until Monday now, I guess.
In the meantime, check the hep here esp the additional checks at the bottom of the first post https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DRDR Live chat are not reliable. Call customer service. No one from O2 will call you. There have been problems with unlocking but our community admin @Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 can help

Message 3 of 13

Alisonm
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I filled out an online unlatch form. Days went by. 28th September received a message to say I had failed checks. Did online chat that day told it would be sorted in 72 hours. Did online chat 4th October, told it would be 72 hours. Still waiting!

My advice, request your phone is unlocked even if you don't need an unlock. Under no circumstances use the online form, go straight to online chat to get the unlock. Also set a reminder when 72 hours has elapsed and chase the unlock immediately.

Failure to do these things will mean you will almost definitely pay for another months service you don't need.

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Always use the online form or call customer service. Do not use live chat. They will not have done anything & they cannot find their way out of a paper bag

Message 5 of 13

DRDR
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes got the, at this point, usual answer: “it will take 72 hours” again. Monday will be 2weeks since request was made. 

Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hopefully our community managers can help both @DRDR and @Alisonm when they come back on Monday...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I sometimes wonder if O2 actually care about their customers. Short answer is they don't. General apathy seems to have spread down right from the top brass to a lot of custmer service advisers. There are some really helpfu ones who know what customer service is all about but honestly, some are terrible....

Message 8 of 13

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @DRDR & @Alisonm, I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble getting your phones unlocked! 

If you've already gone through the process of trying a non-O2 SIM and connecting to WiFi via Settings > General > About and enter your Apple ID and password, and are still not able to use your phones, I'd happily get someone to look into this for you slight_smile I'll send you both a Private Message shortly to get a few more details and we'll go from there!

Thanks @Anonymous and @MI5 for the mentions thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 13

DRDR
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi EmiliT,

The phone has been unlocked today.

After 2 weeks and multiple LiveChats!

Many thanks for your offer of help though,