Did you mean: 

Unkown Charges - Debt Collectors

Steve2021
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Many years ago I had a contract with O2, when closing the contract there was a little confusion on your side as to the final payments, over the phone we got them sorted and asked for any outstanding charges which I had paid on the date and confirmed whilst on the phone.

A year later O2 sent me a letter regarding an outstanding payment, after what felt like days on the phone we established that this outstanding was indeed false and so I had O2 send me a letter to confirm this which I still have today, somewhere.

This year I recieved a debt collection letter regarding an outstanding balance from O2 for a total different amount of around £50 from a debt collection company named Lowell.

Firstly I am absolutely peed that whatever this is has gone straight to a debt collection company without prior notifications from O2 and secondly that this is wrong and confirmed wrong (which I will be posting on social media Twitter, Facebook etc unless this has gone).

This company Lowell will now not leave me alone but I will not speak to them and will not accept the debt which is false.

I need answers on this asap for why a company I have not been with for a long time, with no prior notification from, for a false claim has sent a debt collection company to me to get a false debt.

Im giving 3 days for an answer before I contact OFT and Action Fraud.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Steve2021 This is not O2. This is a customer community. You need to write to:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865
Customer service numbers and how to use Skype are in the link below.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Steve2021
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino 

Ok Thank you, so there is no O2 representatives on here?
Why would O2 have a community, do you get paid to help others, if not I'd say why be here, you should ask for payment.

But thank you, i'll take a look.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Steve2021 We do it out of a sense of community. O2 throws us a crumb every month, but that isn't why I'm here. If I have the time, I come on and help if I can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Steve2021

Action Fraud will not do anything about Lowells and nor will the OFT as they will both tell you to follow the o2 complaints process.

They also don't just send things off to Debt Collectors, but Lowells are a nasty piece of work.

The best thing to do is look here : https://debtcamel.co.uk/prove-it/

And send a letter to Lowells or by email (do it all by writing) and tell them to send you all correspondence to you with regards to the Debt. If they call again tell them you will only discuss by letter or email.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5