cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown payment for Telefonica UK coming out of my account every month.

TheFellaLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Going through my bills recently I have noticed a payment to Telefonica UK coming out of my account every month that is neither for my device plan or my airtime plan. I have checked My O2 online, and it is not listed there at all under any of my bill information, yet it is listed on my Direct Debits on my banking app. I have already spoken to O2 about this, and they could not tell me what it was either! My other O2 payments have GED reference numbers, but this just has a number starting with 053. I am wondering if Telefonica own any other business that I might be paying money to, but can find no reference for it online. Can anyone help with this, and I don't want to just cancel a payment until I have found out what it is, and whether I should be seeking compensation.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@TheFellaLondon 

I can't see why O2 wouldn't know tbh.

Sounds like the person you spoke to was just being lazy.

Try payment management.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

TheFellaLondon
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, I will trying calling them tomorrow at 9am. I think I got through to a call centre, and always get the impression they don't really understand what the problem is or how to solve it. I had to repeat the amount and the issue numerous times - very frustrating...

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

Are they taking the same amount each month @TheFellaLondon ?

How much is it for?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions
Message 5 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Did you sign up for o2 insurance when you started the contract?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 12

TheFellaLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all your replies so far. O2 cannot seem to track down what the payment is for, it has been going back and forth for a few days now. It is for the same amount every month, although it does seem to have gone up over the last few years - it is now £21.11, but back in 2018 it was £19.15 a month. It might be some form of insurance, but I don't remember taking out insurance, and I have never claimed for lost or damaged phones (although I have had both). The amount does not come with a GED number, but a reference number starting with 5. Still don't understand why O2 can't track down what this payment is for?! I seem to have been paying it monthly for years...

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@TheFellaLondon 

I'd guess that is too much for insurance and with the price increase, seems more likely to be a sim only contract.

Still find it ridiculous that O2 can't tell you what it's for. I guess if you cancelled it they would find out wink

Let's call in @O2Sarah- to do some digging around for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@TheFellaLondon  I will send you a private message so we can see if we can get to the bottom of it.

Message 9 of 12

TheFellaLondon
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, but there still hasn't been a resolution to this problem. There is a monthly amount going out of my account, being paid to O2, and no one seems to be able to tell me what it is for. Can this please be dealt with as a matter of urgency now?

Message 10 of 12